A core tool in many practitioners collections, stones and crystals are both phenomenal sources of energy and provide the user with various options based on their shapes and type. They can add extra power to a spell, be worn as jewelry or amulets, or simply placed on your workspace to inspire. There is no comprehensive list of all crystals and you will find different people assign different meanings and energies to different stones. I have always loved amethyst, an intuition stone/psychic ability stone but I have used them in many different ways. There are some you will find constant (pink quartz influences love) and some that may vary greatly. Color matters a great deal in attributes as well.
The key to using crystals in your work is how the user perceives it. Just like in all magic, again intent is important. It is important to get to “know” your crystals. discover how they feel both in a practical way and then, feeling the energy flowing through them. Though a list can give you properties of certain stones the energy they seem to have to you is the most important facet of their features Meditate with your stones and truly explore them.
It is important to cleanse or charge your crystals as they can absorb energy around them, diluting their power and making them less potent.
Below is a list of ways to cleanse or charge your crystals.
- Moonlight – This charges the stones with the power of the Goddess. Some crystals must be brought in before sunlight.
- Sunlight – This also charges some crystals with the power of the God. Again be careful with which stones you leave in sunlight.
- Incense – Most proponents of this method would suggest sage but any consecrating or sacred herb incense should suffice.
- Plants – Nestling the crystals amongst your plants inside or outside can restore them.
- Herbs – Some herbs can be shaken over the stones or you can lay them in a bowl of herbs such a sage.
- Salt water – This is a less popular method as salt water and water in general can damage some stones.
- Moon water-As above moon water can be used only to cleanse and charge some stones.
- Sound – Drums, humming or music in general provides vibrations that restore and charge stones.
- Visualization – Visualize bright light flowing in to the crystals from the universe around them
Activating your crystals is very easy and will become easier with practice. After you have cleansed/charged your crystals find a quest place where you will not be disturbed. Hold the crystal in your dominant hand and feel the energy of the crystal. Tune your energy to the energy of the stone. Meditation does help in this process as it helps to still the mind. This is al this is required. he stone is now ready to be used.
In conclusion stones can be a powerful additive as well as cornerstones for a great variety of uses from protection charms to spell jars to simply inspiration. following this post will be a list of stones that can be damaged by water, sun light, or salt water. Blessed be!